Can’t Wait is a scheme run by SGDEN with assistance from South Glos Council to encourage businesses to make their toilets available to disabled people with an urgent need.
We created a local, credit card-sized ‘Can’t Wait’ Card, for individuals to show to businesses, with a request to allow them to use staff or non-public toilets, or to use customer toilets without purchasing anything.
Card holders will obtain their cards from voluntary organisations/NHS services involved with the scheme.
Businesses are asked to sign up to the scheme and display a postcard in their windows, to show people that they are supporting the initiative.
Benefits of being involved
- There is no financial commitment
- The opportunity to promote your business
- You will be recognised as an official Can’t Wait supporter on our website and social media
- A great way to show community involvement
- You will be providing an important service and helping to improve the lives of people who have a disability and/or chronic medical condition
- Research shows that many people with health conditions base their decisions of where to go on how confident they feel that they will have access to toilets
If you own or are part of a business which might be able to help, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business directory can be found on page ‘For individuals’